• Active Registered Voters:
  • Democrat:
  • Republican:
  • NPA:
  • Other:
  • Total:

Assistance With Voting

Assistance With Voting

If you need help to vote due to blindness, disability, or inability to read or write:

  • You can vote using an accessible marking device at the polls.

  • You can receive personal assistance in voting, whether you are voting by mail or at the polls during early voting or on Election Day – you do not have to disclose the nature or extent of your disability. You can choose anyone to help you, however it cannot be your employer, an agency of your employer, or an officer or agency of your union.
  • If you go to the polls and have no one to help you, you can have two poll workers assist you. If your voter registration record does not already contain a note that you would like help when voting at the polls, you will have to fill out a declaration stating you need help. The clerk at the polling place can help you fill out the form. The person you choose to help you will also have to fill out a declaration stating they are willing to provide help (unless that person is election staff).
  • If you are in an assisted living facility or a nursing home facility, you can receive a vote-by-mail ballot there, or you may participate in supervised voting if made available.

Voting Systems

Each polling place and early voting site will have an accessible ballot marking device available for voters with disabilities.

Polling Place Accessibility

Federal and state laws require that all polling places are accessible for voting: Voting Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act of 1984 (42 U.S.C.s. 1973) and section 101.715, Florida Statutes.



Leslie Rossway Swan
Supervisor of Elections
Indian River County

4375 43rd Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32967

Office: (772) 226-4700
Fax: (772) 770-5367
Spanish Hotline: (833) 347-2763
Hours: M - F, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

PLEASE NOTE: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing. Florida Statute 668.6076